Kaiserschmarrn Flambé (Emperor`s Trifle)
- Preheat the casserole dish that will be used for the torn pancakes in the combi-steam cooker to 220° C moist with the hot air function.
- Put the milk, flour, salt, vanilla sugar, grated lemon peel and raisins into a mixing bowl and stir until it is a smooth dough. Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and then add to the dough and mix in.
- Grease the preheated casserole dish with a little butter. Fill it with the dough and place on a rack in the steam cooker. Reduce combi-steam cooker heat to 200° C and back the dough for about 15 minutes.
- Then, remove the dish and, using two forks, tear the Kaiserschmarrn into small pieces. Dot the Kaiserschmarrn with bits of butter and crystal sugar and put the casserole dish back in the steam cooker for another 5 minutes so that the sugar caramelizes.
- In the meantime, add the rum to a pot and heat it on the hob.
- Remove the Kaiserschmarrn from the steam cooker and, using a spoon, dribble the rum over it. Now, like the entire thing with a match or lighter. WARNING: RISK OF FIRE!!!
- Serve the Kaiserschmarrn on a plate, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
500 ml milk
230 g flour
1 pinch of salt
1 packet vanilla sugar
Lemon peel, grated
Raisins to taste
50 g butter
1 tbsp. crystal sugar
20 ml rum for the flambé (at least 54%)
Function: Hot air
Carbohydrates 281 g
Protein 52 g
Fat 107 g
Calories / bread units
Recipe 2415 kcal
Portion 604 kcal
Portion 5.8 BU