Semolina Pudding with Fruit Compote
- Fill a bowl with cold water and soak the gelatin leaves in it.
- Put the milk, grated orange peel, vanilla pod and sugar into a pot, set it onto the hob and bring to a boil on the highest setting. When the milk boils, take the pot off the cooking zone, add the semolina while stirring constantly and allow to thicken slightly.
- Take the gelatine out of the water, squeeze it out slightly and add it to the semolina mixture, stirring constantly. Then allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the cream in a mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until stiff. When the semolina mixture has cooled, fold in the cream. Fill the mixture into the chosen bowls and chill for about 1 hour.
- In the meantime, wash the fruit, peel if needed and cut into large pieces.
- For the compote, put the butter and sugar in a pot on the hob and melt with the special “melting” function. Add the fruit and boil until it thickens slightly. Douse with the alcohol.
- Slit the vanilla pod open lengthwise and scrape the pulp out. Add the vanilla pulp to the fruit and allow to boil down into a compote. Stir several times during this process.
- Take the semolina puddings out of the fridge and serve with the fruit compote.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
For the semolina pudding:
Peel from one organic orange
1 vanilla pod
40 g soft wheat semolina
50 g sugar
250 ml cream
2 leaves gelatin
1 pinch salt
For the fruit compote:
50 g butter
150-300 g sugar
250 g fruit (such as plums, cherries, raspberries, strawberries)
1 vanilla pod
3 tbsp. high-percentage alcohol
Carbohydrates 443 g
Protein 12 g
Fat 109 g
Calories / bread units
Recipe 2965 kcal
Portion 741 kcal
Portion 9.2 BU