Category : Main course
- Wash the duck thoroughly inside and out.
- Preheat the oven with the hot air function to 200 °C.
- Wash the parsley, pat dry and chop finely. Wash the thyme, pat dry and pluck the leaves. Quarter the apple, remove the core and chop it coarsely. Wash an orange and cut into cubes. Peel an onion and dice finely. Decant everything in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the duck inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff the duck with the prepared stuffing and close the opening with wooden sticks. Place the duck in the drip pan in the oven. Peel the carrots, celery and the second onion, dice and place them around the duck in the drip pan. Pour in the vegetable stock and red wine.
- Put the drip pan in the oven and roast the duck for 30 minutes at 200 °C. Then turn the temperature down to 90 °C and cook the duck for about 6 hours until done.
- When the duck is cooked, brown to crispy with the grill at 250 °C if desired.
- Decant the vegetables from the drip pan into a bowl and puree with the hand blender. Squeeze out the second orange. Skim the fat off the roasting juice. Add the roasting juice to the pureed vegetables and stir. Season the gravy with spices, orange juice and red wine.
Ingredients (for about 4 - 6 people):
1 ready-to-cook duck, about 2.5 kg
1 bunch fresh parsley
3 sprigs thyme
1 organic apple
2 organic orange
100 g celery
600 ml vegetable stock
200 ml red wine
Pepper, freshly ground
Some wine to taste
Carbohydrates 78 g
Protein 468 g
Fat 434 g
Calories / bread units (BU)
Recipe 6,450 kcal
Serving 1,613/1,075 kcal
Serving 1.6/1.1 BU