Category: Main dish
- Make cuts across the skin side of the duck breasts.
- Place a stainless steel pan on the hob and preheat on high.
- Sear the duck breast well on the skin side first, then turn.
- Place the duck breasts on a wire rack on a baking tray in the combination steam oven. Insert the full length of a meat thermometer into the thickest part of a duck breast. Plug of the meat thermometer into the appropriate socket on the appliance.
- Select the hot air function on the oven, and set a cooking temperature of 80 °C and a core temperature of 60 °C.
- In the meantime, filet the oranges, collecting the juice in the process. Also squeeze out the remaining pulp.
- Heat the frying pan with the dripping again on medium heat, add onions and mixed pepper and sauté. Douse with orange juice and vegetable stock, and allow the sauce to reduce. Add cognac, orange fillets, a pinch of sugar and the rosemary. Boil the sauce again and season to taste. Remove the rosemary again.
- Season the meat and immediately serve on pre-warmed plates with the sauce.
Ingredients (for 4 persons):
4 Barbary duck breasts
2 tsp mixed pepper
4 Tbsp Cognac
200 ml chicken stock
Pepper, fresh grounded
1 dash sugar
1 sprig rosmary
Tip: If the skin has to be crispy, the core temperature has to be set to 60 °C and the grill has to be turned on for a short time at the end of the cooking period.