Bread with herbs
Category: Pastries / Bread / Cake
- Pour the buttermilk in a saucepan, place on the hob and heat to lukewarm at a low hob setting.
- Wash the herbs, if necessary, pluck, pat dry and cut small.
- Add the honey and yeast to a mixing bowl and mash with a spoon until the yeast is liquid.
- Add the flour, salt, herbs and buttermilk to the mixing bowl and knead to a smooth dough with an electric mixer. Cover the dough and let it rise until it is double in volume.
- Grease a loaf pan (length about 30 cm).
- Knead the dough again and fill the baking pan with it. Cover the baking pan with a cloth and let it rise for another 10-15 minutes.
- Put the baking pan on a rack in the combination steam cooker and bake for about 45 minutes with the professional baking function at 180 °C.
- After baking, remove from the baking pan and allow to cool completely.
Ingredients (for 1 loaf - about 20 slices):
500 g spelt flour, type 1050
1 tsp acacia honey
1/2 packet yeast
1 tsp salt
350 ml buttermilk
100 g fresh herbs, to taste
Grease for the baking pan
Carbohydrates 373 g
Protein 78 g
Fat 15 g
Calories / bread units (BU)
Recipe 1,979 kcal
Serving - 99 kcal
Serving 1.6 BU