Christmas Apple Pie
- Put the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and add. Add the sugar, vanilla sugar and egg, and knead everything to a smooth dough using a food processor with the dough hook.
- Put the dough in the fridge and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Grease a springform pan (26 cm in diameter).
- Peel and core the apples and cut them into small pieces. Put the apples with the raisins, currants, cinnamon and lemon juice into a bowl and mix well.
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C using upper and lower heat.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Line the bottom and edge of the pan with ¾ of the dough. Put the apple filling into the pan. Roll out the rest of the dough, cut it into strips and spread it onto the apple filling in a nice pattern (such as a grid). Brush the dough with some egg yolk.
- Put the pie into the oven and bake for about 75 minutes.
- Let the pie cool well before cutting it.
Ingredients for 1 pie
350 g Flour
2 tsp Baking powder
265 g Butter
175 g Sugar (fine)
1 packet Vanilla sugar
1 kg Apples
75 g Raisins
50 g Currants
2 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 Egg yolk
Temperature: 175 °C