Category: Pastries / Bread / Cake
- Add the water, butter and pinch of salt to a saucepan and bring to a boil on the highest hob setting. Make sure that the butter is completely melted.
- Add the flour to the boiling liquid all at once and "burn off" the dough at a constant hob setting, stirring vigorously for about 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the hob and allow the dough to cool slightly as soon as the dough loosens from the bottom of the pot in a ball and a white-greyish coating is visible on the bottom.
- Add the lukewarm dough to a mixing bowl and stir in one egg at a time with an electric mixer until a smooth mixture has formed. The consistency should be such that a tip of dough raised with a wooden spoon only tilts slowly.
- Line two baking trays from the combination steam cooker with baking paper.
- Use a piping bag to squeeze out about 20 small heaps on the baking trays. Place the baking trays in the combination steam cooker and bake the cream puffs for about 25-30 minutes with the professional baking function at 200 °C (depending on the size). Do not open the steam oven to avoid the cream puffs collapsing.
- Remove the cream puffs after baking, cut open immediately with scissors or a knife and allow to cool.
- For the filling, add the cream to a mixing bowl and beat stiff with an electric mixer. Add the quark, honey and grated lemon peel to the cream and stir together. Add the filling to a piping bag, squeeze out into the bottom of the puffs and cover with the tops of the puffs.
Ingredients (for 20 cream puffs):
For the puffs:
250 ml water
50 g butter
1 pinch salt
150 g wholemeal flour
4 eggs (size M)
For the filling:
100 g cream
100 g low-fat quark
50 g creamy honey
1 organic lemon (grated zest)
Carbohydrates 149 g
Protein 67 g
Fat 99 g
Calories / bread units (BU)
Recipe 1,800 kcal
Serving - 90 kcal
Serving 0.6 BU