Category: Side Dish
- Cut the bread rolls into 2 cm cubes.
- Peel the onions and dice finely.
- Wash the parsley and chop the leaves coarsely.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and sweat the onions until glassy. Add the parsley and let cool.
- Mix the milk, eggs and salt well, and pour over the bread cubes. Add the onions, season with pepper and mix well together. Let the mixture rest for about 30 minutes.
- Form dumplings from the mixture, place them on the perforated cooking tray in the steam oven. Insert a solid baking tray one level below.
- Set the steam function to 100 °C and let the dumplings steam for about 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and serve.
Ingredients (for about 4 people):
5 bread rolls from the previous day
1 bunch parsley
50 g butter
200 ml milk
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper, freshly ground
Nutmeg, freshly ground
Carbohydrates 166 g
Protein 59 g
Fat 71 g
Calories / bread units (BU):
Recipe 1,574 kcal
Serving 394 kcal
Serving 3.5 BU