Category: Side dish
- Put a pot with water on the hob and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Put 60 g of butter in a pot, place it on the hob and let it melt with the special “melting” function.
- Put the melted butter, flour, eggs, milk, sour cream, salt and nutmeg into a mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon to make a smooth dough.
- Set a spätzle maker onto the pot with boiling water, put in the dough and press the spätzle into the water. Bring the spätzle to a boil, then take them out with a skimmer.
- Pre-heat oven to 200° C using upper heat.
- Put a pan on the hob, add 20 g of butter and melt on low heat. Add the spätzle and stir once. Put the spätzle into the casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese, put onto a rack in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Peel the onions, cut them in half and slice thinly. Put a pot with oil on the hob and heat on high. Caution! Keep a close eye on the pot so the oil does not overheat. When the oil is hot, add the onion strips and fry for about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the oil and allow to drip off on paper towel.
- Take the cheese spätzle out of the oven, arrange with the fried onions and some parsley and serve.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
300 g fl our
60 g butter
125 ml milk
2 tbsp. sour cream
1 tsp. salt
1 pinch nutmeg
20 g butter
50 g grated cheese (such as alpine cheese, parmesan, Emmenthaler)
Oil for deep frying
Function Hob: Melting
Function Oven: Upper heat