Category: Side dish
- Wash the potatoes and put them in a pot with some water. Cover the pot with a lid, put it on the hob and bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat.
- Once they come to a boil, turn down the heat and cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes.
- Drain after cooking, quench with cold water, allow to cool slightly and peel. Then slice the potatoes.
- Put a pan on the hob with some grease and heat it over medium. Add the potatoes and fry until golden brown, turning several times. Season to taste with the spices.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion. After 10 minutes, add to the potatoes in the pan and keep cooking them.
- Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk them. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and let it set.
- Once it has set, slide the omelet onto a pan lid and turn it back into the pan. After the other side is nicely browned, take it out and put it on a plate.
Tip: Goes very well with sour cream dip or freshly cooked tomato sauce.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
750 g potatoes
4 tbsp. olive oil
Pepper, freshly ground
1 clove of garlic
½ tbsp. thyme, dried
Carbohydrates 988 g
Protein 269 g
Fat 421 g
Calories / bread units
Recipe 9066 kcal
Portion 378 kcal
Portion 3.4 BU