Rice and tomato tower
Category: Side Dish
- Put the rice with water and a pinch of salt in a pot. Put the pot on the hob and bring the water to a boil at the highest hob setting. Then turn the heat down and let simmer until the rice is cooked.
- Peel and finely dice the onions and garlic.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the stalk and cut into fine pieces too.
- Wash the basil, dab dry, pluck the leaves and chop finely (put a few leaves aside for garnish).
- Place a grill pan on the stove and heat up using a high hob setting. Add the oil, onion and garlic cubes and braise until glassy.
- Add tomatoes and basil and mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper. Take the pan off the heat.
- To serve, place serving rings on the plates. Fill the rings alternately with the diced tomatoes and rice until a small tower is created. Carefully pull off the ring and garnish the turret with basil.
Ingredients (for about 4 people):
250 g rice
500 ml water
1 pinch salt
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp oil
1 bunch basil
Pepper, freshly ground
Carbohydrates 88 g
Protein 17 g
Fat 13 g
Calories / bread units (BU):
Recipe 548 kcal
Serving 137 kcal
Serving 1,8 BE